Week # 91. Sickness & Commitments
Hey Everyone!
Boy did we have a sick week haha Last pday i was sick and then it got worse until Thursday and I slowlyyyy started to get better, but my companion started getting worse on Thursday and is pretty sick right now haha But we still had some miracles!!Since I dont have a whole ton of time left, our goal has been to get all of our friends as ready as possible! So we started with one of our old friends! Hes been struggling with getting over word of wisdom stuff, but hes come so far!! We were able to sit down and ask him what kind of goals he wants to make. He said that he wants to be baptized before I go (which I was okay with haha) so we marked his baptism for the 4th of June! We were able to read some scriptures with him and show him that today is his day to decide. Because how bold we would have to be to assume we have tomorrow. He completely understood and said he was gonna be ready!! Send him some prayers!
Then we went to the couple's house and had a real nice sit down with them as well haha We asked them how the word of wisdom was going and they were very honest and said not well haha But our most effective way of teaching them has been emphasizing blessings that come from obeying commandments. We pulled a scripture out that talks about how we specifically get blessed for following certain things. And we recommitted them to follow the word of wisdom. And once again we asked them if they still wanted to be baptized and they said nothing more! So we also marked them for the 4th of June! Pray that they can make the changes necessary!!
Doctrine and Covenants 88:22 ""For he who is not able to abide the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a celestial glory... 28 They who are of a celestial spirit shall receive the same body which was a natural body; even ye shall receive your bodies, and your glory shall be that glory by which your bodies are quickened.""I love these verses because they specifically show that God has given laws to inherit the Celestial Kingdom. It's now our turn to decide if we want to follow them! It's never an easy task but that is why we have Christ on our side! I have gained a testimony that whenever we ask for His help, He will come running to give it. So, see you all in the Celestial Kingdom?? I know we can make itI love you all! I hope you have a great week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!!
-Elder Bollar

Comments
Post a Comment