Week # 88. Three Separate Beings


Olá tudo mundo!!

This week we taught a few more reinforcement lessons to our friends who are struggling with the word of wisdom, but these lessons were so good!! For one of our friends we talked about the vision of the tree of life. And when I shared what I thought, I talked about the verse that says: "And after they had tasted of the fruit they were ashamed, because of those that were scoffing at them; and they fell away into forbidden paths and were lost." So from that i talked about how it is the same with us! When we start to get a testimony of something, we learn that not following through with that thing is going down a forbidden path! And then that line "were lost". So SCARY! Basically I told him that now that he is gaining a testimony, he gets to have more blessings but live at a higher standard! And he said he is ready to stay off the Forbidden paths!!

Then this week we started teaching a new couple!! Yall. I have never ever had anyone in my mission, pay attention as much as these people do!! they literally sit on the edge of their couch like they're ready to catch our every word!! They're so cool! At one point, the wife asked us a question like this "I heard from somewhere that God and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are like one being? But that doesn't really make sense, right?" And i got so excited that she was asking this!! So my companion taught, that all Three of them have the SAME purpose. And that is how they are unified into the same God, while still being their own Beings. Then my time came and I said "truly, if you wanted to prove with scriptures that they are one being you easily could. And if you wanted to prove they are separate with scriptures, you totally could. But we have something different. *I then showed them a picture of the first vision*. Joseph Smith said that he saw Two Personages. Very distinct two personages. So anytime you have doubts about that, we can always fall back on the testimony of Joseph Smith". And they thought that was so cool! These people, are amazing

Then our last friend has been taught everything he needs to be baptized but hes on his last week without coffee in order to be baptized! So add him to your prayers that he can stay without coffee!!

1 Nephi 8:28 And after they had tasted of the fruit they were ashamed, because of those that were scoffing at them; and they fell away into forbidden paths and were lost.

I wanted to come back to this one! I think every day we have the opportunity to feel the Love of God (aka tasting the fruit). And too often we let people around us, tell us that we are anything less than worthy of God's love. And when we start to let that get to us, we think like that. And then we fall into forbidden paths, and get lost. So my hope is that all of you will seek to feel God's love for you and never forget it! He loves you perfectly

I hope you all have a great week!! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!!

-Elder Bollar




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!