Week # 84. Other cities & conference!
We found that some earlier sisters had worked in a smaller city outside the main city and we decided that we we're gonna go out there and give it a go! I'll just say that was the best decision ever haha we basically got to knock doors for 5 hours straight to a bunch of people that were super willing to hear about Jesus. At one point we got to a house where this lady was washing clothes so we went up, introduced ourselves and asked if we could come back another day because she was busy and she goes, no no! Please sit down! I could never turn away representatives of Christ. My mind was blown!!! So we got to have a super amazing lesson with her right there
At another door that we clapped, this older man of probably 80 years old life in him opened his window and we introduced ourselves and then he opened the front door and his son hurried to the door and was like "hey who are you guys!" So we gave the whole spill again and he goes "oh if you guys could come in and talk with him, that would make him happy" so we went inside this house that was definitely south america esk and we sat in these handmade chairs and just talked with him. It was pretty clear to see that he wasnt completely there. He didnt really understand everything we said. But. I was feeling the Spirit talking with him. And the coolest thing ever, I could tell he was feeling the spirit. He might've not been understanding us, but he was happier because of the Spirit. Coolest thing ever!!!
We started teaching our new friend Alexandre for the first time! He is a referral from sao paulo where the members gave him a Book of Mormon and sent him on his way haha turns out hes already in second Nephi! He loved the fact that the Book of Mormon doesn't take the bible's place, more that it just is another testament. A little later in our lesson I wanted to see something about praying to know if the church is true, so I flipped to that part in preach my gospel and the first thing I saw was "do not hesitate to invite people to be baptized in the first lesson" and I was like well i guess I have to do it now haha Sooo I asked him if he came to know the Book of Mormon was true, that he would become a baptized member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and he said yes!!! So so so cool!!
Everyone who couldn't listen to all of conference, I challenge you to go back and listen to it all!! Every second would be worth your time! One thing I'll comment about is President Nelson's invitation to end a conflict before easter. I dont know why but that was so cool to hear! So I challenge you all with the same thing!!
Mark 12:42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. 43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: 44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
I normally dont use the bible in my emails but this week yall get a treat! I just wanted to make sure that we are all being like this widow. The Lord knew that her two mites would make no dent in the money Israel had. But the Lord knew it had changed her heart. So may we always be giving our all to the Lord that He can change us into something new.
I love you all! Dont listen to Satan. In the end there's much more joy in sticking with Christ. Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon. Those two things are now more important than ever!
-Elder Bollar





Comments
Post a Comment