Week # 9. Exchange Week
Exchanges with the Elders
Hey everyone! How are y'all doin?
Damariscotta is going very very well! I found my first person on facebook last night! We immediately called up the whole district to let them know of this good news because I was so stoked to finally find my first person!
We had district P-Day last week and it was so much fun! Two elders were getting transferred so that was kinda sad but we still had a lot of fun in the meantime! Re-realized that I'm a pro at spikeball and miss playing it a ton haha Elder Ostvig taught me how to chop wood with a sledgehammer (Considered a fun activity instead of service because service is illegal here at the moment)
Me and my companion have at least two lessons everyday so that keeps us busy and focused. I'm getting pretty good at remembering stories I'm learning from the scriptures and being able to turn them into Member lessons, which is so much fun!
We had exchanges on Friday and I got to go with Elder Pifer! He's way cool and he's one of our zone leaders and it was honestly so much fun to be with him. We went to a lighthouse for this party so there will be some pictures at the bottom. Elder Taylor just got brought out here and he's from Salem Utah so hes been throwing some absolute shade at me and Payson. Tough times because I have nothing to really throw back at him haha
Going to church in a branch instead of a ward is truly the strangest thing in the world to me. The whole way everything is run seems different. That might be slightly because of Corona but I'm not sure haha We were talking to this family and they have twins that are just about to be deacons. I thought to myself "How can I talk to them and make missionaries seem cool" So I pulled out the area book and found their names and said "so which one of you is tyler and which is caleb" they then told me and I was able to talk to them for a little. I was slightly hoping to freak them out and I think I got the job done haha
Maine is so weird because the people here have no filters! We just be out walking around and someone will roll down there window and yell at us. There was this like 9 year old girl who rolled down her window and screamed "satan" at us and all I could do was laugh. Literally the best of times haha
I was reading in the New Testament again (anyone who hasn't read it before, I strongly recommend you pick it up and just start reading) Jesus is walking on the water out to his apostles on the ship and they all think that hes a ghost. So Peter (being the bold fellow he is) says "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water." All jesus says to him is "Come" I think Jesus was thinking *okay Peter, let's see how you do out here* Peter starts to walk out to him and hes doing so well! Buttt then he starts to pull his gaze away from the Savior and start to get nervous about the window and everything around him and he starts to sink. With the faith that he had left he cried out "Lord, save me." In the scriptures it says that Jesus immediately stretched forth his hand and helped him. When Jesus gets Peter right next to the boat he says "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"
I think there is two sides to this story. I think that we need to be like Peter and realize as soon as we're starting to sink that we need to not be afraid and ask the Lord (or anyone we trust) for help. And on the other hand, we need to always keep our sight and mind on the Savior. Doubts are some of the worst things we can have and Jesus kinda chastised Peter a little bit. I know that if we can keep focused on the Savior and all that he has done, and will do for us; we'll never sink to any point he can't reach out his hand
Hope you all have an amazing week and find some place and way to share the Gospel! Don't forget to read the BOM (Book of Mormon) and pray everyday! I know it'll help all of you just like it helps me!
How the members feed us during rona
Found out Chadwick Bosman died (actor for black panther) had to then lay on the ground in depression
-6 Degrees here in Maine all the sudden, so I have to wear a sweater and a suit




Comments
Post a Comment