Week # 87. Teaching & Blessings!



Hey Everyone!! This week was so good!

To start us off, this past week we started teaching a new friend!! Hes super interested in the church which has been so cool because we have been able to teach him 3 times already!! Yesterday we were able to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the third lesson we usually teach. So we got through it and we could tell he was grasping the parts we were teaching (as much as anyone new can haha) and at the end we asked him if he wanted to be baptized!! He looked us both in the eyes for like 30 seconds and just said "that is something I want". It was so cool!! So we're gonna hopefully get him taught everything else this week!!

Next is our other friend that we have been teaching for a little now! He has received all the normal lessons so now it's more focused on smaller ones to help them get ready to be baptized so this week we taught the word of wisdom. It was fun to teach cuz we could tell he had a problem with it, buttttt we asked him if he knew the Book of Mormon was true. And the coolest thing happened! I was expecting a simple yes/no but he shared his whole testimony about it!! So then I got to say, if the Book of Mormon is true, then that means Joseph Smith is a prophet. There is truly no other answer. And if he was a prophet then the Word of Wisdom truly comes from God. It didnt seem to make things easier for him haha But I could tell her started to grasp more of the idea that it really is a commandment! So we're gonna work with him and resolve his concern and keep going forward!!

For one of our lunches with members this week, we had to walk for like 45 minutes (which isnt a ton but you can still definitely realize that it's a walk haha) and when we got there, we had realized that this sister in the ward had fallen and hurt her arm. So she wasnt able to make lunch for us. She ended up giving us some money for lunch but thankfully my comp was on the ball! He asked her if she would like a blessing and I could feel her joy in response to that, so we got to give her a blessing!! Super cool!!

Mormon 7:3 Know ye that ye must come unto repentance, or ye cannot be saved.

Mormon was very cut and dry with us on this one huh?? I like it though because it is very simple! It shows us that because of Jesus Christ, we have the opportunity to repent. And then we CAN be saved. I'll let you all in on a secret: repentance means change!! And we can do that daily! So I challenge everyone to look for Christ daily and try and make a small change every day!! Definitely miracles come!

I hope you all have a stellar week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of m
Mormon!!

-Elder Bollar






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings