Week # 79. Full Week!
Hey Everyone!! Tudo bem??
We sure had a miracle filled week here in Curitibanos! Let's hit it! So we started off this week with a lesson with our new friend! We got to teach her the restoration which is my most favoritest thing. A little later in the lesson we asked her if she would be willing to ask if these things were true, and she said she had already received an answer. I was like alright well please share your answer haha She said that before church on Sunday she wasn't sure if she should go or not. So she said a prayer to ask if she should go! Come to find out, she had gotten an answer that this church was the one for her! Then we got to say the best words in the world "Are you willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding authority?" She said yes!!!
The next lesson we had with her, she said her first out loud prayer in her life. It hit us all with The Spirit so so strong. So cool to see!!
A funny story this week: We were walking to a lesson and we just happened to be a tiiiiny bit late haha When these two preachers stopped us in the street. My immediate thought was oh no, we don't have time for an argument right now haha But one of them tried speaking to me in English!! Granted it wasn't that good, but for some reason I could not speak! I legit tried for like 20 seconds to say the words nice to meet you but the only thing that was coming was "prazer em conhecer". Finally I said "sorry guys, i normally can speak English" in Portuguese haha and we left! Gift of tongues is real if anyone was wondering haha
On Saturday we had the opportunity to meet one of the families that the sisters had found a little while back! So we started off with teaching the Restoration! It was so cool to see the wife's curiosity about the lesson and all her questions. We finally got to the First Vision, and it was my turn to teach it! I've had a few moments like this on my mission but specifically this one hit me hard. While I was reading the first vision. I had one of those classic missionary moments. I was sitting on a little chair in a foreign country, testifying of Joseph smith in another language. That all hit me at the same time and I started to cry. I'm not a good crier. Especially in Portuguese haha But the Spirit was so strong and she loved it! Missions are so worth it!
Thennnn we had a super big miracle!! Her husband told us that he doesn't want to learn about anything. He said the whole family can learn but he is "all set" (NHMM friends know what's up) BUT. He came home from work and came up to start talking to us. And we had a super normal and natural conversation that eventually led to us talking about the Church! And then we basically were able to teach all of the Restoration through his questions! And I know this came through me and my companions willingness to be working as hard as we could that day! The Lord is so good!!
Joseph Smith: "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"
This moment changed all history. Joseph later said "Truly this is a day long to be remembered... A day in which the God of Heaven has begun to restore the ancient order of His Kingdom to bring about the completion of the fullness of the Gospel.. to prepare the earth for the return of His Glory". I love that quote! And I know it's so true! Because of what happened in that grove of trees, my life is completely different. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ and that is my testimony!
Don't forget to have a great week this week! I love you all! Also don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!
-Elder Bollar



Comments
Post a Comment