Week # 78. Welcome to Curitibanos!!
Olááá todos!
This first week was so good! To start us off we had a miracle! A random kid passed us on the street (as people do) and then he stops in the middle of the sidewalk, looks at us. Stops for longer (thinking really hard) and he finally walks back to us and goes "are you guys mormon missionaries" I got so hyped to talkntl him haha His school is religion focused and they study a ton of religions. At one point he goes "you guys have temples right? And they have moroni on top?" I was like umm yeah!! Then he goes, do yall happen to have a Book of mormon that i can read? Oh my goodness. I was like "do we have a book of mormon?? We have a mountain of them!!" We got his number and scheduled a time to meet and as we were walking away he goes "is there a way I can study about your doctine, like a book that talks about mormon doctrine?" And I was like we've got a couple pamphlets that explain what we belive in and we can explain them to you;) So this kid is super cool and I'm excited to teach him more!!
Then a little later in the week we met another one of our friends! We asked him about what he knows and if he's reading the BOM all that good stuff. He said he stopped reading because God wasnt sending him an answer. So I got brave and I said "how do you think God is going to answer you?" He sat for a minute and said "I dont know". I got as bold as I could haha and said "My whole life I was raised in the church. I grew up around this Book but I had never asked God if it was true. So on my mission i read all of it and asked God if it was true. I dont really know what i was expecting, but the answer I got was as follows: You already know it's true" and we told him to keep reading and praying!! I know he's gonna get an answer in the way the Spirit sees best :)
All in all it's been so good to be here in Curitibanos!! The ward has been so excited to have us here after three months without missionaries! They are taking incredibly good care of us and are showing the way here!!
This week I'm gonna do something different. Usually I share a scripture from the Book of Mormon, but this week I'm going to share one found in the Book of Mormon AND the Bible!
2 Nephi 27 and Isaiah 29
Therefore, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, yea, a marvelous work and a wonder, for the wisdom of their wise and learned shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent shall be hid.
I love this scripture from Isaiah that talks about the last days and what is going to happen! That the Lord would bring forth a marvelous work and a wonder among us! And surely the Book of Mormon fits that description! Makes me value it so much more! I love it!
I love you all! Dont forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!!
-Elder Bollar


Comments
Post a Comment