Week # 77. Last in Joinville!

 Hello everyone!! I hope your week was legendary!


So it's true! I got transfered to my second area here in brazil and I'm super stoked to get going! It's a smaller town (especially compared to joinville) but it still has lots of people that I'm sure are ready to hear the Gospel! I'm excited to start givin it to them!

Last week was full of lessons and saying goodbye! In one of our last lessons we had a big talk about Authority and Priesthood and how important it is here on the earth today. When it got down to it, I finally felt like I should share my testimony and so i explained that i know Peter James and John gave the Priesthood to Joseph Smith and because of that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the only church on earth with the authority to perform ordinances that bring us exaltation! And it's a good thing the spirit was there during the lesson because I probably didnt say everything in perfect Portuguese haha but after I finished I could see her think a little and then to hear her say "i think i need to pray and ask if that happened" and I just about screamed YES!! But i waited till after we hung up the phone haha Excited to hear about her answer!

Then on Saturday someting else super cool happened! A few weeks ago we had a baptism and this guy is golden! He loves the church and has the priesthood, the whole nine yards. and then get this, his friend just got baptized on Saturday and he got to baptize him!! It was so cool to see him use Gods preisthood to help one of his friends come closer to Christ! This church is so true :')

Finally we took a suuuper long trip to out in the boonies to share a lesson with a family! When we got there we really wanted to focus on blessings we have in our lives. So we talked about Familes, the Book of Mormon and Christs sacrifice for us! It was so fun to teach the Book of Mormon to the little kids and point to pictures and have them guess who they were. At the end we gave the two kids each a Book of Mormon and the both we so excited they started to read right there! Haha

A funny story would be the bus ride to my new area! So I'm not an incredible large guy but here in brazil I'm comparatively a little bigger haha And on the bus we were riding on the spaces for some reason we even smaller than usually haha so we departed from the bus station at 6:30 at night to get in our area at 1. So naturally everyone wants to get comfortable. This sweet old Brazilian lady in front of me laid her seat back and it was a little tight but I was good, but then she decided that wasnt enough and tried to go more but the chair got blocked by my knees and she didnt notice and kept trying to push and it took everything I had not to laugh hahaha She ended up being okay with her seat the way it was:) hahaha

Well everyone, wish me luck in my new area! And all of you have a good week! Dont forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!

-Elder Bollar

P.S.   Oh my goodness, I swear I didn't forget to put a scripture. My mind was just incredibly delayed haha Moms gonna have to add this onto the bigger one butttt

Alma 8:9 Now Satan had gotten great hold upon the hearts of the people of the city of Ammonihah; therefore they would not hearken unto the words of Alma. 10 Nevertheless Alma labored much in the spirit, wrestling with God in mighty prayer, that he would pour out his Spirit upon the people who were in the city; that he would also grant that he might baptize them unto repentance.

It would've been so easy for Alma to have said in verse 9 "it looks like Satans got a hold of their hearts, I'll just go home" BUT instead he gave it his all in verse 10! He really wanted to save those people! At times it seems hard for any challenge we are facing but I know when we give our best efforts, the Lord ALWAYS makes up the difference! Hey, dont forget to read the Book of Mormon ;)












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings