Week # 75. After 22 months #Covid


Yep you read that right haha I lasted so long! I have no idea where I got it from but I've definitely been infected haha We currently live with another set of elders and we are on strict mandate to not leave the house for 8 days. Now, being a missionary and all, being inside the house for 8 days is like a death sentence haha But we're gonna find ways to make it fun! We already all agreed on a challenge to read the Bible, the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price during these 8 days! We'll see if we can pull through haha


Buttt other than Covid, we had such a great week!!

To start off we had a mission tour with Elder Uceda!! Let me tell you that man is inspired. He taught us so much! One of the coolest parts was when we literally spent TWO HOURS on TWO VERSES OF SCRIPTURE. Yeah you read right haha but it was so so so good!! It shouldn't be possible but it is. One of the coolest things we found was that a disciple is sometimes something we get confused. What that word means at its core is imitator. So when we are a disciple of Christ, its us trying to imitate him every day! How cool??

One of our friends has been super difficult (in the nicest way possible of course haha) she has a few questions about the Restoration and says she's praying but not a whole lot, and that she won't move forward until she has those answers. Kinda difficult huh? So we finally resulted to teaching the Restoration again. Cuz no other lesson has that same booming power. It was super cool to spend a lot more time on each principle and really explain it thoroughly. Then to hear her at the end say these words "okay, I want to prepare for baptism". I think I cried on the spot (a little blurry memory). The Restoration is so powerful! Joseph Smith was a Prophet!!

Then we have another friend and this lady looooves family history work. She does it more than most members which speaks for itself Haha The last thing we had to teach her was also the Restoration and we really explained that the church is patterned exactly after the New Testament church that Christ established. Then my companion asked her this "if that church was true, the church of Jesus Christ, would you want to be a member?" This time it was her that started to cry and she said "yes, yes I would love to be apart of it" Being a missionary is so cool!!!

3 Nephi 15:1 And now it came to pass that when Jesus had ended these sayings he cast his eyes round about on the multitude, and said unto them: Behold, ye have heard the things which I taught before I ascended to my Father; therefore, whoso remembereth these sayings of mine and doeth them, him will I raise up at the last day.

I love this scripture. Actually any scripture with a promise is always the best, but this one is super super good. So Jesus has just gotten done teaching the Sermon on the Mount, which has a lot of things in it. And Jesus then says, "whoso remembereth these sayings of mine and doeth them, him will I raise up at the last day.". That is a direct promise right there! If we remember and always try to do the things taught in that sermon, we will be raised up at the last day!! The scriptures are so cool.

Well all. Pray for me and this quarantine haha I hope you all have a good week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!!

-Elder Bollar

-Mission Tour!!(Elder Thatcher, Elder Trapnell, Elder Hall)
-The sick elders in the sickbed
-The Elders getting tested







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings