Week # 74. New Years & the Book of Mormon
Hello Everyone! Happy New Year! Cant even believe its 2022. I still feel like its 2020. Anyway.
This week was tons of fun!! One of our friends has been veryyyy skeptical about accepting baptism although she LOVES the church. So that has been a struggle haha But this week something changed!! We finally got her to come to a sacrament meeting with us and she just had the best time. So we wanted to meet with her right after, andddd she said yes to baptism! The sacrament and church really changes people's lives. She said that she's going to keep reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it every day! She is so cool Haha
Then yesterday we had another friend make their way to church! Me and my companion thought it would be good to share our testimonies and while my companion was sharing his I could see her crying a little bit :') the Spirit at church is so real! Make sure you never ever miss a week!
With it being the New Year, a couple lessons fell through so we went out into the streets to try and find people on New Years Yve and New Years Day. And let me tell ya: I have never seen literally zero people on the streets of this huge city ever but for some reason the Brazilians just did not want to go out hahaha I'll drop a picture of one of the streets haha
I finished the Book of Mormon completely for the second time on my mission! And I took Moroni's promise at the end seriously:
Moroni 10:4 "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things"
So I hit my knees! And asked Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true! And I definitely got an answer. A pillar of light didnt come through the window, nothing caught on fire, I didnt hear a voice from the heavens, but. After I said my prayer, I felt so happy. Happiness that I couldn't even describe. Just kneeling there, holding my Book of Mormon. That book is so true and my desire is that you all read it.
Well I hope you all have an incredible week! Make a specific goal for this year! Very specific and give it tons of effort! You'll see great changes:) Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!
-Elder Bollar
•Joinville from the rooftops
•A every empty new years road






Comments
Post a Comment