Week # 73. Debt Paid by Christ.
Hey Everyone!!
Merry Christmas!! I hope it was a good one for you all! "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given" -this actually happened in case you didn't know
Because of Christmas it was a little bit slower buttt we focused on teaching a lot and it was so much fun!!
One of our friends is sooo ready to be baptized. But she has some reservations about Joseph Smith. We've tried to help her in every way understand him better but it hasn't been working. So we finally had a lesson completely about the Book of Mormon. Then at the end, I decided it was time to promise some blessings to her. I felt prompted to say that if she read every day and prayed every day, with real intent, believing she could get an answer, that before January 8th she would get an answer that it is true and Joseph was a prophet! And I could easily say the same thing to all of you! I invite you all to try it out!
We have been teaching the Christmas story so much from the Book of Mormon these season, that even after Christmas we've still decided to share it more haha One of our friends loved the message and wanted to share his thoughts with us. "He said that he imagines our debt to Christ like an unpayable debt to a bank. And one day the debt was payed, in full. Would you accept it into your life? Would you be willing to move forward knowing you've been payed for? Why in the world would you get worked up over who payed it for you! Too many people have problems in who payed it for them but that is not the important thing. The important thing is that we have been covered and we know its Christ and we can accept Him in our lives and even if we dont, He still loves us and payed for us". When he finished I was in tears and I couldn't believe out recent Convert of a month was teaching us like this haha What a testimony!!
As we get closer to the new year, everyone is planning to make some changes in their lives. And that is an amazing thing! I wanted to share two scriptures.
Mosiah 28:4".. for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them;.." then in Alma 45:19 "Behold, this we know, that he was a righteous man". The thing that happened between those scriptures was the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And that because of Him we can change completely. ""1. Faith 2. Repentance 3. Baptism 4. Gift of the Holy Ghost and 5. Endure to the End."" I wanna promise you all that if you stick to 1 and 2 diligently (and 5) I know that you will change in so many amazing ways.
Have a good week and a great new year!! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!
-Elder Bollar



Comments
Post a Comment