Week # 72. Gift of the Holy Ghost
Heyyy Everyone!!! How was the week???
Little weather update for all of you: it's still hot. But I'm learning how to live with sweat dripping down my face haha
This week I've found out how much fun it is to use the bus!! Theres always like a million people and it's basically a game to try and not touch the other people while the bus driver forgets all traffic rules and just flies around the city haha Genuinely a place to find some good laughs haha
We had a member tell us of a friend that is super super interested in her ancestors and where she came from and so of course we as missionaries hopped on that real quick! We went to her house and immediately started testifying on the Plan of Salvation and where we came from and where we're going. But the coolest part, by far, was when we were explaining the Three Kingdoms of Glory. You could tell it was like nothing she had heard before. She sat, leaning soooo far forward like if she didnt the words would escape somehow haha It was truly the coolest thing to testify to her that there isn't really a hell for anyone that chose to come to those earth, and that God loves each of us enough to give us all a Kingdom of Glory. What a blessing we have of knowing this all! Never skip a moment to share this with people!!
I'll keep it relatively short this week hahaha and end with a story here! This week we had our friend Kevin get baptized!! It was a such a cool experience to once again see someone make a Covenant with God and in exchanges get promised blessings! But I had one of the coolest experiences in my life happen after his baptism! So the Sunday following we got to give him the Gift of the Holy Ghost. When my companion said the words "Receive the Holy Ghost" something happened. And the only way I know how to describe it is with the story of Jesus Christ when he was walking and the women said that if she could only touch His clothes, she would be healed and that when she did, The Savior felt virtue leave His body. And that's the best explanation of what happened with the Gift of the Holy Ghost! When my companion said the words I felt something go from all my body into Kevin as he received that Gift. What a blessing the Priesthood is to us!!
To top it all off, usually I quote some scriptures but today I'm going to be sharing a quote from President McKay! He said these things talking about the sacrament: Who can measure the responsibility of such a covenant? How far reaching! How comprehensive! It excludes from man’s life, profanity, vulgarity, idleness, enmity, jealousy, drunkenness, dishonesty, hatred, selfishness, and every form of vice. It obligates him to sobriety, to industry, to kindness, to the performance of every duty in church and state. He binds himself to respect his fellowmen, to honor the Priesthood, to pay his tithes and offerings and to consecrate his life to the service of humanity.”
I dont know about you all but I loved every line of that! And how President McKay explains not only what we can become but what we must become! And I know all that is possible because of the Savior and His sacrifice for each of us, so that one day, we will become perfect
I love you all! Have a great week!! Dont forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!!
-Elder Bollar
My and my cow friends
A friend and her new Book of Mormon!
City street here in Joinville!
A pretty flower




Comments
Post a Comment