Week # 71. Christmas Event! And Heat??

Hey Everyone! How was the week?? 

We had a suuuper cool activity that we got invited to! It was a christmas activity for allll of Joinville, so I was super excited when we found out! When we got there we immediately starting talking with people haha And by the end of the short activity, we had found 15 people who wanted to hear and learn about Jesus Christ!! It was one of the coolest experiences to see so many people interested in the message!! 

I'll just let you all know, if you didnt already. Its officially becoming summer in brazil. I thought hot days mowing lawns and being on the farm had prepared me but: Nothing could've hahaha This week it was 91 degrees!! Let alone that's enough for people to stay inside. But then we learned that we had lunch an hour away. And we had to walk!!! Im going to just say id never recommend doing this and if someone gets to your house in these conditions: offer them water hahaha But! It proved to be worth it!! Knowing the Savior was walking with us and then later having some way cool experiences with the Spirit and it made the whole trek worth it! 

We were teaching one of our friends about the restoration of the Church and after we had brought up and taught about the Book of Mormom, the only thing he would say was: How do I get this book? Can I read it all? I told him we could get it to him as fast as possible and that I would encourage him to read it all hahaha It was amazing to see the Spirit of the Book of Mormon working in someone! I have a testimony that it is the gathering tool of Israel!! 

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes this week! You made it great! I also had my first Thanksgiving outside of the United States! One could say it was a let down haha but that's not the spirit of giving thanks! Haha I bought a ton of food to eat for lunch and got it alllll ready and sat down to eat. Being super hungry, I cut into my chicken. Then to realize it was fish! I don't know how it slipped me but I then ate a meatless meal and still gave thanks for all I have! haha Just wanna give thanks to all of you my friends! I'm so lucky to have yall 

Doctrine and Covenants 84:56 And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all. 57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written 

Alright these scriptures are a little firey. But that's okay!! We can always learn from scriptures like this. I can definitely say there was times in my life when I was not remembering the Book of Mormon and I wish I hadn't forgot that amazing tool of keeping me close to the Lord! I know that book testifies of Him and that it is true. I hope you all come to gain that same testimony! I think the Lord knows how important the Book of Mormon is so that's why he gives us scriptures like these! Give it a go! 

Well yall, it's been a ride. See you next week! Have a good one! Don't forget to say your prayers and READ the Book of Mormon! Love yall!:) 

-Elder Bollar 

-For the photos we've got one of me and Elder Bernardes in the heat
-Two of us at the Christmas Event!
-Birthday celebrations
-And some random pictures with Elder Matos and Gama!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings