Week # 70. Haircuts & Promptings
Hello everyone! Happy Thanksgiving this week!
We had a ton of miracles this week! To start us off, we had two young men who found the church through google maps! Like how crazy is that! Then on the first lesson we invited them to be baptized and the first question one of them asked was "when can we do it??" Like my mans was already to accept, he just needed a day to bring his towel! Literal blessing!!
One day this week we had no lessons planned. Like zero. And everyone who's been a missionary knows that those days always seem scary at the beginning hahaha But we put on our tags and hit the streets! All day talking to people and trying to spread the gospel! I can safely say my ability to trust in the spirit increased by like 50% that day haha I loved to see the light of Christ enter into these people's eyes as we started to share! Being a missionary is so cool!
This week we had a popup lesson and during these I usually use some normal scriptures to teach things on the fly but for some reason I felt like I needed to switch it up and use another scripture! I had no idea why until the end when the lady started to cry and said the scripture was exactly what she needed to hear! How cool is that!! Follow the promptings from the Spirit!
This week I had a kind of sad experience, well it was sad until I remembered a scripture haha I was getting a haircut and as a missionary does I started talking about the gospel and finally invited him to come to church with us. And then my mans started laughing at me. At first I was like shoot he didn't understand what I said but then he started talking and I realized he did understand. It was super sad and I was super let down inside but then this scripture came to mind
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.... 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Now obviously I wasn't being persecuted or being spoken about evilily, but it still hurt a little haha But then this scripture came to mind and I knew I was standing shoulder to shoulder with all the Prophets and Jesus Cheist Himself. When you have to stand for Jesus and you feel alone, dont forget everyone who once stood for Jesus, is standing right by you. My testimony is that Christ is closer to this work than we can imagine and He will always support us.
Well yall, have a splendid week. Tell everyone why you are grateful for them and why you love them. Dont forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!
-Oh also side note: this week I'm turning 20! Two decades of life, can ya believe it
-All the pictures are me and my companion elder Bernardes and the zones leaders (Elder Matos and Gama) that live with us!! Studs!










Comments
Post a Comment