Week # 68. Spicy, Spicy Food!


Hello Everyone!!

This week I found out what spicey food can really do hahaha A member gave us spicey rice and spicey feijão and spicey roast beef and let's just say my stomach said that was not the perfect meal haha Sooo for the past few days I've had some super fiery stomach cramps that I would never wish on anyone haha But I learned to realize that the Savior even experienced those pains just for me! Those seemingly insignificant pains, He felt Himself! He truly loved and loves us so much!!

This week we were teaching and something happened that normally doesnt! Someone asked us a question in the middle of a lesson! Normally the people down here just sit and listen and eat it all up! But my mans had a genuine question. When we started talking about the Book of Mormon, he asked us how he could know it was true for himself. And I got sooo excited because my favorite thing to do is have people read and pray about the Book of Mormon. So I started by saying that Joseph Smith had a question and he took it took God, just like the bible says! I bore my testimony to him that I know if he would pray, he would get an answer through the Spirit! So much fun!

At one point we were street contacting and we stopped this guy and he was so nice! We asked him if he believed in God and his immediate response was "of course" and so I just kinda laughed and said that was the best thing in the world! So we basically taught a full lesson right there about God and who is is to us and my favorite part was at the end when he goes: now wait who are you two? The people down here love to talk about God and Jesus Christ!!! Literal coolest thing ever haha

This past week it was Day of the Dead! Never have I ever been so grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation! I saw way to many sad people as we were outside the biggest cemetery in the city. Our goal was to talk to people as they walked out and try to teach about the Plan of Salvation. It was so much fun to see the look on people's face change to a little bit of happiness when we told them that death isnt the end! Each time we did a contact my faith grew itself about this plan God has for us! If you have any questions send me a message!!

*we had three little boys younger than 9 with us who were the most bold kids I have ever seen in my life haha they gave out more pamphlets than I could even count! To people i would even be scared to talk to! This is just a testimony to me that anyone can be a missionary! Especially, looking at you, all my little cousins! Share your light!!

Mosiah 22:3 "Now it came to pass that Gideon went forth and stood before the king,.... 4 And now O king, if thou hast not found me to be an unprofitable servant, or if thou hast hitherto listened to my words in any degree, and they have been of service to thee, even so I desire that thou wouldst listen to my words at this time, and I will be thy servant and deliver this people out of bondage"

I love Gideon! He has been an amazing example to me during my mission of humility! He knew that in the past all of his plans had worked and he probably had a ton of confidence in his next plan but he humbly approached the king and just wanted to lay it out without expecting anything to come from it! And he did it with a ton of manners! Haha May we all take a page from that book, especially myself, and figure out some way we can be more humble!

Well y'all its that time again! Have a great week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!

-Elder Bollar

Burgers with the squad, flexing my helping hands during the day of the dead, gnarly sunburn line from a mask, tracting at night!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings