Week # 65. A Plumber & an Electrician


Hey Everyone!! Tudo bem??

I hope your week was just fine and dandy!

Quick little stories:
This was my first time ever using the normal city bus in Brazil! It was so wack and not comfortable but it beat walking for an hour and a half! Might've forgotten my umbrella though haha

Our shower broke this week! We got told to have someone come install the new one but I looked at it and decided I could apply some knowledge and do it myself! I had my companion stay in the bathroom while i turned on the breaker to see if we would have a fire buttttt we didnt and it's still working!

We were starving one night and decided any food we had wouldn't be adequate so the next best thing was ordering a pizza haha When the pizza got here, I'm pretty sure the delivery guy was an angel because when we opened up the box it had half of it in chocolate (my favorite) and we hadn't ordered that haha Blessings hahahaha

I found out the store super close to our apartment had these things called "sonhos" and I think I'm addicted haha may or may not have stopped by every night this week to get one for me....

On a more serious note haha This week we started teaching the guy named Michael. He told us that he wanted to better his life and so we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ because thats really what it is! A tool to better our lives. And when we were done teaching, he took a big second to thank us and tell us how grateful he was. I then told him that the best way to increase our faith in Jesus is to learn about him and I told him we could teach him more and He said definitely yes that he wanted to learn!! So so cool!

We have a friend who has been taught every single lesson a person can be taught butttt she still has two questions and she wont take any basic answers for haha we tried to help her but none of it worked. We finally asked her if she would keep praying and reading the Book of Mormon while she waits for an answer and her answer went as follows: "well of course I'm going to! And I'll be seeing you at church on sunday" what an act of faith!! I know the Lord is gonna bless her for that!

My favorite thing ever here in brazil is that when we take an uber to get some place, it's always our goal to steer the conversation with the driver to Jesus Christ haha Without fail i think we've done it with all of them! But it's such a perfect spot because they cant run anywhere! All they can do is hear about Christ Haha

This scripture keeps popping up in my mind for this email Doctrine and Covenants 76:22 ""And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.""

What a powerful testimony of Christ!! And what's even better is that we can have that same exact testimony! With a few variations of course haha But the Lord said that He would reveal anything He had revealed to Joseph to any individual who is ready to receive it! May we all strive to earn that same testimony! He Lives!!

I hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon! Couldn't give you any better tip to better your life!

-Elder Bollar












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings