Week # 64. Teaching in Portuguese... And English.
E aí todos!!! Bom diiiiiaaa!
Obviously everyweek is crazy but this week was especially crazy! I was let known on Monday that I would be making the trek to the mission home that's only 2 hours away butttt we got that brazil bus ride so it turned into a whole big trip! We traveled down with a couple americans so I got to speak english! We got in Floripa and did a ton of Visa stuff, stayed the night and thennnn headed back to Joinville the next day! Super crazy but a ton of fun!
We found some new friends!! It's so crazy to see the want to learn about Jesus Christ here in brazil that people have! We were talking with one of our friends and I got the opportunity to bare my testimony about the Book of Mormon! I explained that because of the Book of Mormon, I've learned so much more about Jesus Christ and I know it's TRUE because if the spirit I feel when I read it. It was weird because normally I dont feel the spirit super strong when I hear myself talk in Portuguese haha but this guy all the sudden his whooooole attitude changed about what we were saying. He then asked us how he could acquire one of these books and I was so excited! We sent him the app and as soon as he got it, he started reading!! That Book is so true!
We were teaching a friend and right in the middle of my turn in talking he goes "do you have another language as your first language?" And I obviously said I speak English and he goes "if you want you can speak english, it's my second language but I might be able to understand you a little better" obviously that hurt my soul hahaha but I had a distinct voice in my head say "its not about you, it's about him hearing the gospel in whatever way works best for him". So after that little chastening from the spirit I decided it would be okay and started to teach in english! Now whether its because I had just been humbled or it was because i was teaching super simply, i felt the spirit testify so so so strongly that what I was saying was true. Like more than any time in my mission! Miracles!
At one point we were riding in an uber and as usual we tried to convert him haha But he told us that he actually attended a church and he loves the work we do. He later started talking about the hard times he was going through and how hes had to look to God a lot. It kinda got quiet but as soon as we started to leave the car I pulled a Plan of Salvation pamphelt out of my pack pack and gave it to him with the words "I know God has a plan specifically for you". He looked at me and smiled and said God bless you. And took the pamphlet and drove away! Hopefully he reads it! Haha I have a personal testimony that God has a plan for each of us!
2 Nephi 4:33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
I was reading the Book of Mormon (as usual) and I kind of realized how much the Lord is fighting for us. He constantly is making sure we have just enough strength to make it through. Everything Nephi was asking happens because the Lord loves us! I invite you all that read this: Ask God tonight how much He loves you and then just listen for 2 minutes. Think you can do that for me?
We just as always, I hope you all have a fire week!! Dont forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon! They have changed so many lives, including my own.
-Elder Bollar
.jpeg)


Comments
Post a Comment