Week # 63. Special Hot Sauce
Opa!! How's it going??
This week was fiiire of course! The name tag can change every look on anything! But even without it, it would still be a good week haha
Big news!!: I'm training again!! I know, I know, elder Bollar you can't speak Portuguese. While this is true, apparently the Lord thinks I can speak it well enough to help a new missionary start his mission! So just like always, I'm gonna need lots of prayers from all of you! Haha
We were at a members house this past week and he said I needed to try his own made special sauce. What he didnt know was that I had already seen a video of an elder that tried his special sauce and started crying because it was so hot hahaha But I took the challenge. For some reason I put it all in my mouth. Literal pain for 10 minutes. The only thing that helped was the juice they had so I just chilled with juice in mouth for 10 minutes haha But my commitment to try all the food the members have is still going strong!! I'm actually really liking the food so thanks for all the prayers in that area haha
At one members house all the kids thought it was hilarious that I was american and could speak English so for like at least 30 minutes they were asking me to say things in English Haha By some miracle from God I was able to understand them and give them answers haha The Gift of tongues is real!!
We were on the phone with one of our friends and we were having a nice conversation and then it got a little serious when she said that she had lost a few family members. It was so cool to know that we had a perfect message for her. The Plan of Salvation is everything and I'm so grateful for it! My only wish is that more people knew about it!
At another one of our friends house they asked us why we emphasize the Book of Mormon so much. I literally to breathe in for like a good 30 seconds to get enough air in my body to explain why the Book of Mormon is so important haha I love that Book!! And I know it's the clearest way for us to feel Gods presence with us! Simply the purest form of scripture and we can learn so much from it. Send me an email if you have any more questions and I'll try my hardest to answer them!
Conference was so so good!! Being able to hear the messages was like a complete and total break from the world! I encourage you all to go back and listen to them all, they were all fire. The last talk from President Nelson, he talked about how we need to make time for God in our life, every single day. That made me think of the story President Hinckley told about how a switch man had moved a track like less than an inch and the train ended up in a completely different place then it was supposed to go. I know in our lives if we are making constant choices to involve God, we wont make the wrong small choices that pull us away!
I hope you all have a fabulous week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon! I love you all!!
-Elder Bollar





Comments
Post a Comment