Week # 62. An Orange all over Bishop!
Oi Todos!!
How was your week!? (No one ever replies to this ;) Brazil has been fire! A trial of faith? Oh sure but it's been worth it! Not being able to speak unless I have the gift of tongues has already taught me a plethora of things! I encourage all of you to be constantly worthy of the Spirit!
Something strange: Before the mission everyone knows I dont eat fruits or vegetables. Besides the occasional apple on the farm. Buttttt now for some reason that I'm in brasil, I've been having like two bananas every day! Taking steps on the road to healthy everyone!
Speaking of being healthy, we walk so much!! Holy cow, you always hear the stories of how much you walk outside the states but you never believe it haha It truly is another kind of pain but I mean I'll just have massive legs by the time I come home sooo a blessing from the Lord!
This week we had a lesson and it finally got to my turn to speak (I used to have literally 3 companions ((also super strange)) anyway it was my turn to speak and I got to talk about the Spirit. I gave kind of a basic rundown of what the spirit was and then she asked me how you can feel the Spirit. Looking back now, I'm not sure how to explain it but in the moment i had every word i needed! It was so cool! I just want yall to know that if you think you're big enough to mess up God's plan, sadly you're not haha I'm so glad to be apart of this work!
At church we had a homeless man come in and ask us for clothes, food, shoes and something else I didnt understand haha we kinda just awkwardly got the Bishop and let him take care of it. We then start walking back to the chapel and apparently the bishop had explained that we didnt have those things at the chapel and the dude got triggered so he squeezed his orange he had all over the bishop and the pew hahaha it was a little funny but then we had to clean it up :( hahaha
A scripture that stirred my soul this week, you could say, was Helaman 7:16 "Yea, how could you have given way to the enticing of him who is seeking to hurl away your souls down to everlasting misery and endless wo?"
I had to think about it en then i was like "huh we literally know satan is trying to destroy us. Why would I give way to things that clearly come from him. So I challenged myself (yall can do this too) to try to recognize where things come from aka God or satan. Actually I challenge you all as well
I hope you all have a splendid rest of this week. Dont forget, God loves you. Read the Book of Mormon and feel that love, then pray to God and tell Him how much you love him.
-Elder Bollar





Comments
Post a Comment