Week # 58. Party Town!
Start of the transfer hasnt been half bad! After being here for about 4 months I'm starting to get a little comfortable! Which makes being bold a little easier! Haha
Allll the college kids are coming back to Plymouth and it's made the town a little bit more busy! Driving through the neighborhoods seeing led lights flashing and loud music playing has been like my favorite thing in the world hahaha
This week we had a cool experience knocking doors (those dont happen frequently haha) I told elder Parker we needed to pray over our area map and a street name came into mind! We blasted over there as fast as possible and on the first door this lady opened and I asked if I could share a story about Jesus Christ and ,wait for it, she said yes! I was so taken back I didnt know what to do hahaha I finally whipped out the Book of Mormon and talked about how Jesus describes Himself as light and how we all need that in today's dark world! Prayers are answered!!
We had a fire ward party this week and it felt weird being the awkward elders that show up to the parties hahaha But it was still fun! All the members here are so nice! And we got to play some of the kids in badminton! Haha
Teaching has been so much fun! We taught the restoration three times this week! On the first one, our friend is super logical. Everything had to be thought through and it was super cool to invite him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and to see him accept that invitation!! Im hoping that hes willing because I know he will get an answer!
Our second friend, we had the most spiritual lesson of my whole mission! I've had yet to cry on my mission during a lesson but this week when I was testifying that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith, in the words of President Hinckley "I must confess, I was overcome" the spirit was so strong! We invited her to pray about the Book of Mormon and find out if it was true and she said yes! She's so excited and it makes me even more excited!! Then we asked her if she came to know the Book of Mormon was true, would she be baptized? And she said yes!! This work is true everyone and it happens because of the Book of Mormon!
Alma 32:30 But behold, as the seed swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, then you must needs say that the seed is good; for behold it swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow. And now, behold, will not this strengthen your faith? Yea, it will strengthen your faith: for ye will say I know that this is a good seed; for behold it sprouteth and beginneth to grow.
A lot of times we plant seeds in our brain (knowledge of Jesus Christ and true doctrine) and those seeds grow into huge plants that give us food! But if we're not careful, good habits can slip and bad habits will surely take their place! (We can compare those to weeds!) This week I had the opportunity to do some weeding! Not all of us are perfect and every once in a while "weeding our brains" is a good idea! I'd ask you all if you know of any weeds that have sprouted up in your brain? Get rid of em!
I hope you all have a great week! Open that Book of Mormom. Read a verse. That's all it takes! Say a prayer! God loves you! I love you all!
-Elder Bollar




Comments
Post a Comment