Week # 53. The Spirit/Exchanges/Baptisms & Everything!
Ya'll this week was so hype! Busy weeks are the best!
On Tuesday we were busy on that knocking doors grind when we got a text that young mens and young women's was happening and we knew we had to go. It was a physical aspect of life challenge day! So we did a few relays (where I got to do like 20 push ups haha) and then we played some basketball! Little did I know, our bishop is a straight baller! This mans almost crossed me up and almost made a 3 right in my face! Haha I would've made elder parker walk home with me in shame haha But it was super cool to get to know the youth better and the leaders!
Earlier in the week I had two elders in my district send me a text asking if one of their friends could get baptized this sunday (yesterday) and I was like hmm that's a good question. So after a little call with my mission president, we decided it would be okay! So I got to do my first baptismal interview this week!!! That was probably the coolest thing of my mission so far haha But the friend is a legend and pretty much already knew everything so it was basically me just having a chat with him and then getting to bare my testimony about Jesus Christ! And of course saying he could be baptized haha
We had exchanges this week and those were an hour away! Quite a drive haha and I left my blankets and pillow there!! Can you believe it?? So I was left to sleep with one of the tiny blankets we have here with little dogs on it and for a pillow I used one of my shirts and stuffed extra laundry in it haha super minimalist and I kinda like it hahaha
One of the lives for our pages here asked if me and elder parker could do a musical talent for them! I was slightly reluctant but me and elder parker agreed to do it! We ended up having me play the piano while he sung and it was so much fun! At times I miss playing the piano a lot haha
Yesterday we were driving home from a members house and I had a direct thought that we needed to go to the park and talk with someone there. And I was like Elder Parker I got a prompting, I dont know why but we have to go to the park haha he agreed so we started driving and when we passed this one house, we saw an older man weeding his garden and I had the thought that we should stop and help him but I was like I felt a prompting to go to the park we gotta do that. So I was having an argument with myself for like 30 seconds while driving and all the sudden I flipped the car around and started driving back! We helped him out and ended up staying for like 30 minutes and even got a return appointment! It was so cool! Follow those promptings from the spirit! (Even if they're confusing haha)
Wow that's a lot haha I'm just gonna share a quick scripture with you all
Proverbs 3
5 ¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
I've seen these two really happen this last week! It was so fun to be like "okay, I know you know better than me. Let's do what you want" and so many miracles came! Trusting in the Lord is scary but I know He does direct our paths when we trust Him! #HeLives
I hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon! (My keyboard new exactly what I was gonna say! Haha)
-Elder Bollar




Comments
Post a Comment