Week # 49. 1 Year Missionary Service!
Hey Everyone!!
Wild times in outside finding I'll tell you what! It's been kinda nice to have things to write in my journal these days haha
First thing! We were in the park using Facebook and got a promoting that we should go and talk with this man that was sitting alone. So we started walking over and the first thing he says is "jehovah's witnesses?" And I laughed and said no haha We started talking and found out he believed in the bible strongly and we asked him if hed like a Book of Mormon. Sadly he said no. But me and elder Jimenez decided to testify super strongly about the Bookf of Mormon and what it has done for us and he changed his mind! Miracle!!
Number 2 we were in the park (this park is basically our home residence now) and talking to this family. We tried to transition it into the gospel but they kinda shut us down super fast but they still kept talking with us which was nice! Then later on in the week one of the guys that was there past us in his car and slowed down a bit to say "Hey! Mormons! I hope you have a good day!" Then just drove off haha We might not be baptizing everyone but now that guy likes the missionaries! Haha
Funny story: me and elder Jimenez haven't really ever worked outside and in person before so we made the joke that most of our proselytizing time goes into planning what we're gonna say to people in the next in person conversation haha
Last we were talking with this girl who was from Ukraine (if I remember correctly) she had a super cool accent and said that she believed in Christ a ton and that she respected the work we do (which was cool) we ended up talking about how our faith in Christ has grown and ours was through the Book of Mormon. I think that peaked her interest a little bit and she said she wanted one! Tons of seeds have been planted! Haha
2 Nephi 25:26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
I love this scripture because it really lays out what we should be doing in our daily lives. And that's just always having Christ on our lips! And that doesn't always mean trying to give strangers a Book of Mormon, but never being afraid to share your faith in our Lord! He lives
Side note: I hit my year mark this week! It's crazy I've already been doing this thing for a year and only have one left!
Have a great week this week! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!
-Elder Bollar


Comments
Post a Comment