Week # 48. In Person Finding!

Hey Everyone! How was your week?

Lots of thing happened this past week! To start off I got to go see the Joseph Smith Birthplace monument! It was so cool and I felt the spirit so strong. That man truly was a Prophet and Seer!

While we were up there at the birthplace, we had zone conference! But this wasn't a normal zone conference because we got to eat food there!! It was so much fun and a total new experience haha We got to give hugs and everything! I probably got more at zone conference than my whole mission haha

Other good news: My mission finally got approved for in person proselytizing!! It's been so weird these past few days but we can talk to anyone! It's been fun and super sketch to have to talk in person haha But I know I've already trusted in the Spirit so much with filling my mouth so I'll have things to talk about and be guided!

During one of our outside times we were doing some Facebook and saw a lady walk in the park with her dog (critical for the story) we had a feeling we should go talk to her but it was awkward cuz we had no idea what to talk about. So we kinda just went for it and for some reason the dog was the only thing we could talk about hahaha But later on in the conversation she asked where we were from and my companion said California so she got curious and asked why he was here and so that led perfectly into a missionary conversation Haha after a little bit of chatting she accepted a Book of Mormon! I'm excited to see if she reaches back out!

We got to have a first lesson with a new friend but this time It was based off the Plan of Salvation. Normally I start with the Restoration but we thought it would be good for a change up. The lady had just had her grandma die, so we knew we just needed to bare our testimonies constantly and that's what we did. Definitely one of the most spirit filled lessons I've ever had. The whole time I felt the Spirit testifying that we were saying was true. I know the Plan of Salvation is true!! We can be together with our families and death does not separate us. I've loved being a missionary to share these truths with people!

2 Nephi 4:19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.  20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.

I love these scriptures so much because it shows how much God can be our support! We just have to invite Him in! Sadly He'll never break down the door, make sure to invite Him! 

Have a great week and dont forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon! 

-Elder Bollar








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings