Week # 42. Knock'in Doors!
Hello Everyone! Happy late Mother's Day to all those mother's out there!
This week was crazy! We were finally able to get out side a little! We were knocking inactive members doors and we had some very fun times doing that haha A lot of times these people have moved so it just becomes a super awkward first contact but it's been so fun! I'm actually started to collect funny stories! Facebook really just doesn't bring the same kind of stuff haha
This week we had Elder Basset come and tour our mission! He was very full of wisdom and it was cool to hear all the advice he had for us as missionaries. He was very focused on how the Savior did everything for us out of His own will and how we can start doing everything for the Father out of our own will! Super cool!
On a super exciting note, I get to start doing my visa stuff for brazil! Hopefully I'm able to get that done fast!
This week I was reading in the old testament (as one does) and read Genis 22:2
"""And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of."""
I have been thinking a lot about the first line "take the son, ... whom thou lovest.." I know that the sacrifice Abraham was about to make, was to see how dedicated he was to the Lord. I know that in our own lives we can make changes and become closer to the Lord though our own sacrifices!
Dont forget to read the Book of Mormon and say your prayers!
-Elder Bollar





Comments
Post a Comment