Week # 31. New food & service!
Hello Everyone! Hope you're all doin swell this lovely day.
This week was pretty wild and it came and went so fast! We had some way fun exchanges this week with the other Elders! A little bit of finding and messaging on Facebook and a couple walks! Pretty much sums up exchanges over here right now haha But hey I got to drive for the first time without my normal companion so that was prcool
We got to do our favorite service this week! Theres this soup kitchen/food pantry that we go move boxes of food with the other elders and joke around with the guy that runs the place. Hes actually so nice and always says "whatever looks nice, take it" Man we all sure love Billy. Free food might be all it takes
I was feeling like trying food this week (Mom knows I'm a little picky) so we went to this Brazilian restaurant and it was probably one of the best meals I've had in a long time haha So if anyone is picky, I'd suggest just trying a new food every once in a while haha
Little update on the weather here: it's still freezing. We had a couple snow storms and I'll tell ya what, they sure do look nice from the inside haha But we got to do a little bit of spontaneous service this week and shovel some cars out that were stuck! It was honestly so much fun! Service can cure any bad mood I've found out
I'm not sure if I've shared this scripture before haha
Mosiah 27:29 My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more
I love how Alma describes the atonement! Especially the correlation with the darkest abyss and the Marvelous Light of God. I've seen the atonement work miracles in my life and I'm so grateful for the Savior and that He died just to save me. I know that each of you can feel these same things in your life!
Well hope yall have a great week! Dont forget to pray (2x a day) and read the Book of Mormon every day (its honestly a super cool book, I'd suggest you pick up a copy)!
-Elder Bollar
-Picture from exchanges
-Picture at service
-Picture with the new food!
.jpg)


Comments
Post a Comment