Week # 30. Wind Chills!
Hello all you lovely people, how has the week been?
To start off, I'd recommend if at all possible, to not live anywhere near a wind chill. I was fine with the zero degree weather and all but that wind chill just took it up a whole another level haha Which resulted in President being concerned for everyone getting frostbite but I'm here with two thumbs still so I survived!
This week was pretty crazy. Elder Jones handed me the phone this one day and said "you're gonna call this member". I was feelin pretty bold that day so I signed up for the challenge andddd to my suprise it actually went well! I understood the lady and only had to ask Elder Jones a couple questions Haha He is basically my in person google translate haha
We had kind of a group study this week and it ended up not going as good as we wanted haha But we had two friends show up! And there we taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A couple times on my mission I've felt the spirit testify so powerfully and last night was one of those nights. I was bearing my testimony and about had to grab a few tissues to get through it! If anyone is worried that the gospel isn't true, please grab a Book of Mormon and pray with your whole heart and I know you'll get the same feeling I got during that lesson!
This week I was reading in Alma 47 and came across this scripture
•••18 And it came to pass that Amalickiah caused that one of his servants should administer poison by degrees to Lehonti, that he died.
If you look at Amalickiah we can view him as a type of Satan. And what I think is interesting, is that Amalickiah didn't just kill Lehonti right up front. But instead it was "by degrees". I think if we apply that into our lives we need to be careful which steps we take in what directions because satan might be trying to lead us down the wrong path and we might not even know it. A frog will jump out of a hot pot of water but he will be cooked to death if the water starts out cold! I thought that was very interesting this week! Hope yall do too!
Well everyone I hope you continue to have great lives! Dont forget to pray every day and read the Book of Mormon. That will make your life great! I love you all so much!
(Taking a tip from the Legend Elder Freeze) What kind of stuff do you guys like to hear about each week? Then I can write stuff you'll all like haha)
-Elder Bollar
-The Church's spaghetti for the food banks are really heavy
-A cool black and yellow picture of my desk

Comments
Post a Comment