Week # 27. Listen, or "Lick to God."
Ola`!
That sentence describes my mind right now. I don't know what is Portuguese or English anymore haha But this week was so great!!
To start off, we found 5 people this week!! That is an outstanding number here because first we are in a Portuguese area and second I've only found 2 people my entire mission so this was an incredible miracle! #agtg (our district has adopted saying this: All glory to God, when good things happen @elder fox)
Then further along in the week we had three friends come to church! It looked pretty weird because they about doubled the number of people that come because we are in a group (even smaller than a branch) But all the members talked with them afte and everything! Our prayers have been answered in an abundance this week!
This week we were teaching about the Restoration and my companion started to tell the story of the First Vision. The spirit came so strong (might be lying if I said my eyes didn't tear up). But when it came to my time to share my testimony all I could say was that, that event actually happened. I know God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared Joseph Smith thay day. And that piece of knowledge is so important to me and I hope you all come to know that as well
This week I started to get a little bit more bold with my Portuguese and I've been commenting more in lessons. I was sharing that, we can receive more blessings if we listen to God. But later my companion told me that I had switched the word for listen and lick. So everyone, we can receive more blessings when we "lick" to God. Good times over here for sure.
On a more spiritual note, this week I wanted to share some lyrics to a song I love!
----He is always near me,
though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person
that I know I’d like to be
if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me.
(If the Savior Stood Beside Me)
I know that the Savior loves us all so much! I have felt that love so much during my life and especially on my mission. I know that we are "in his watchful care" and that fills me with the most amount of peace I could ever imagine. I love Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father!
Hey y'all, dont forget to read the Book of Mormon and say your prayers! I'm gonna keep saying it till everyone does it, so better get going! Have an awesome week
-Elder Bollar
-Terrific Christmas present from Kenzie!

Comments
Post a Comment