Week # 25. Happy New Yerar!
Hello everyone!
This week was pretty intense. We went to church and I felt like I had accidentally walked into the wrong planet haha These people know how to talk fast. I think our group leader wanted to make me feel welcome so he asked me to speak. So of course I spent the whole morning translating and then read the talk during sacrament meeting. The Leader got up and said something like "Elder Bollar you speak... sorry, read Portuguese very well". I'll take any compliments where I can get them haha
Christmas as a missionary is so different! I didn't have my little sister emmie waking me up to go open presents ;) It was a lot more focused on Jesus Christ, which was super cool. That morning I did my person study on scriptures about christs birth. It was so much fun!
I wanted to take a second and give you all a pep talk (most of you wont read it anyway). 2020 is almost over. A lot of bad/hard things happened. 2021 is about to make its appearance and to make sure it's not a little brother to 2020, we have to actually work to make it change! The only thing that's gonna change on it's on is the year number, we can totally change what happens in the year and make it the best one yet!
In Isaiah chapter 9 it says
----6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace
The one name that always pops out at me is "The might God". Christ is definitely the mighty God but he loves us so much! With all that power I cant think of someone better I want to be behind me in everything! I'm so thankful for Jesus Christ!
Everyone have an amazing week and a great New Year! Don't forget to read the Book of Mormon and say your prayers!
-Elder Bollar
-Me and my Companion
-Christmas day lunch


Comments
Post a Comment