Week # 16. Porcupines don't mix with cars..
Hey Everyone! I hope y'all are doing swell!
This week was super cool! We had a general authority zoom our mission from salt lake for three days which was super cool! It was nice to have direction specifically for us. It gave me lots of good ideas for how I can make my time here most efficient!
Me and my companion were trying to figure out fun things to do and we came up with writing letters to the members in our branch and trying to tape them to their doors without them knowing. It sounds super dumb but it keeps us busy which is so nice haha The last time we went and dropped one off to a member, we left at like 8 so it was dark and we accidentally hit a porcupine that was just strolling across the road. Sadly it died. Butttt on the bright side nothing happened to the car so our vehicle coordinator wont be mad at us haha
Weve been trying to do at least 30 minutes of service every day to keep us super busy and usually that service consists of taking pictures of headstones for billion graves. We went to this super cool cemetery this week with super old graves! So I'm gonna include some cool pictures of that on here
Spiritual thought ties in to how I started this email: "Hope y'all are doing swell!" If you've made it this far into the email you're dedicated so probably wondering how I'm gonna turn that into a spiritual thought haha But I know that with Corona and the election happening its hard to feel "swell" all the time. Theres constantly a bit of bad news, it seems, just right around the corner. But in Doctrine and Covenants 68:6 it says "Wherefore be or good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you." I know that our Savior is with us during these hard times and that we can trust in him and find joy in these hardships! I know that just that knowledge has helped me tons out here
I hope you all have a fantastic week and are enjoying this fall season! Read the Book of Mormon and say your prayers!
-Elder Bollar
Pretty picture, me getting the flu shot, & me on the coast with my Book of Mormon.




Comments
Post a Comment