Week # 14. Fall Times



How are you all doing??  
Conference was so good! I have to have this at the start of my email because I loved it so much! I think that my favorite talk was President Oaks in the Saturday Morning session. Partly because I love politics and everything that goes along with them and because he really layed out what we need to be doing as members of the church and really just people in general

We got to go to the Zone Leader Meeting (where I sit outside haha) but on the way there, we were stopped by a power pole that got knocked over by a storm! It was very annoying because we were 1 minute away from the church but we had to take a different route and it took and extra 10 minutes haha Maine roads are not as nice as utah roads haha

The leaves are changing colors and it's so pretty here! I'm starting to see the benefits of having so many trees haha We go on drives and I just take pictures in the front seat the whole time. I'm super excited to see how cold it gets here and what kind of snow we're gonna get. Some elders say it's worse than Utah weather and some say it's better so we shall see which it is haha

Spiritual thought this week is from 3 Nephi 13: 19-21
     19) Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal;
20) But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
21) For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

These words came straight from Jesus so that means they're facts in the most high degree. Whatever we treasure in our hearts, whether that be good or bad, is what will determine our actions and our decisions. With a lot of the conference talks being about preparation I think it's super important that we prepare our hearts and minds for the second coming. I've been trying to identify the treasures of my heart and make sure they all point to the Savior! I encourage you all to do the same!

Hope you all have an amazing week and loved confernce! Go back and re read those talks because they're exactly what we need to hear! Dont forget to say your prayers and read your scriptures! 

-Elder Bollar

The leaves working on changing colors. 
Me trying to look like my dad when he teaches. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings