Week # 13. Conference Week!


Hey everyone! How have you been, week has been great! Elder Smoot left to go be a Zone Leader down in Portland so I've been graced with the opportunity to area train! My new companion got here and I went right to work at making sure he knew everything about the area. Its been so much fun being able to lead out lessons and talk to the members a little more! Right before transfers I was super nervous to have to area train but I said a prayer to be comforted and know that I was capable to do it. Gotta tell ya folks, prayer works so make sure to do it!

Other than transfers, this week has been a pretty normal one. We are trying to find new ways to find people on Facebook, so Elder Jones got the idea to put a Book of Mormon on the market place haha so we tried to take some nice pictures of the BOM and I got to hold it for one of the pictures because I have "model hands" haha

We had a ton of Mission Confrences this week because we have a huge goal of getting 500 friends to watch General Confrence! So we've been talking as a mission to figure all that out and get some ideas from other missionaries! (If anyone has any good ideas, shoot me an email haha) But it's super cool to see the whole mission work towards a goal! Back in july they had a goal to find 1400 people on Facebook and the beat it by like 50! So I know miracles can happen if we try our hardest and put faith in the Savior!

Spiritual thought this week comes from the New Testament. So I'm currently undertaking the challenge of memorizing the Sermon on the Mount. (Its definitely 3 chapters long but I think that it would be cool to do haha) But in one part of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says

Mathew 7:
24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it

In verse 27, the sentence "And great was the fall of it" leaves the biggest impression on me because it seems very real. We need to be constantly working on building our testimonies on the rock, which I think is like the Savior. So I know that if we keep doing that and focusing on it, we won't have to have that daunting sentence from 27 happen in our lives!

Well everyone I hope you have an amazing week and find a way to share the Gospel! The missionaries wherever you may be would love a referral ;) Dont forget to read the Book of Mormon and pray every day! Blessings, blessings, blessings!

-Elder Bollar

-A place with little trees that felt a little like home
-Rocky Maine beaches
-Apparently the name tag on collar is an Assistant to the President look so I had to try it out





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings