Week # 12. Pokemon Games & Transfers
Lots of exciting things are happening up here! My district has 12 missionaries and with Transfers this week only 4 of the original missionaries will be here and we're getting 8 new ones. One of them will be my new companion so I'm excited to see how that goes!
But this week was good! The rain of miracles was a little low but I'm just preparing my fields for rain haha We got to go to a part members house and have a lesson! In person lessons are honestly the best thing and I'm so grateful for them when we get to do them haha
This week Me and Elder Smoot found out that Facebook only let's you add so many people in a certain time frame so we basically couldn't do anything because no one was responding to us haha But we made a music video! It's very bad and the editing is even worse because I can only use my phone haha But it was fun to do something different and even with my limited tools, I love editing videos so that made me happy as well haha
I might have said this in my last email but we go on exchanges every week and I dont think that's normal haha but the Elders up in the Dale (Farmingdale) got me to buy a Pokémon deck and play with them and I can humbly say that I think I am the best in the district. Missionary work during Corona is so weird but we find weird things like this to keep us occupied and I get very grateful for them
This week I got my first hair cut ever that wasn't from my mom and I was so scared haha The lady that cut my hair slightly messed up but overall she did an okay job. Very much miss my moms cutting skills though haha
Spiritual thought: This week I was reading an ensign (also for everyone who didn't know, like me, there's a million amazing things to read on gospel library so definitely give that a look) anyway I was reading from Elder Holland and he said something I really like.
"Use pains, temptations and traumas... Harness them as a moving force to be better, to become better. Allow God-given gifts to come out in you. When you are a creator, you focus more on the positive and less on the things that are destroying or hurting you. Let your pain lead you to your Heavenly Father, who loves you.”
I never thought about it like that before but it makes so much sense. We have these things that happen to us and it's so easier to use them to our advantage and become better. Me and Elder Smoot were listening to a talk by President Neilson and he said "I think we can do better and be better" so that's my thought. that we all can be better by using the bad things that happen to us to our advantage
It definitely doesn't feel like I've been here for 6 weeks but time honestly flies! Super excited to meet my new companion and I'll have to let you all know next week how he is!
-Elder Bollar
1. Me and Elder Smoot (I wasn't ready for the flash)

Comments
Post a Comment