Week # 11. Abinadi was a Legend!



Hello everyone, what's life in the west like? 

This week was good, we had a lot of lessons cancel on us so me and Elder Smoot did scenarios and just got good at teaching with each other

We had exchanges again (I think it's becoming a weekly thing now) But we went up to the Dale (Farmingdale) and did "missionary work" with those elders. Which consisted of two on two basketball and shopping haha 

We went to church and for the first session we got to bless and pass the sacrament, which is fun because I love doing the water prayer. I ask Smoot if I can do it every week haha and President Dyer asked us to speak so that was fun. Then for the second session of church our Branch President came over to us and said "Do either of you Elders have the amazing talent of playing the piano?" And Elder Smoot as fast as he can goes "Elder Bollar is way good at it" so needless to say I got to play the organ for that session of church and it was actually way fun! I miss playing all the time haha

A very large miracle happened for us in Damariscotta here this week. We found 3 people on facebook that were gonna start teaching! So hopefully they want to learn because I'm so excited to teach!

I've been kinda bouncing around with the Book of Mormon this week and I was reading in Mosiah Chapter 13 and verse three really hit me
     3 Touch me not, for God shall smite you if ye lay your hands upon me, for I have not delivered the message which the Lord sent me to deliver; neither have I told you that which ye requested that I should tell; therefore, God will not suffer that I shall be destroyed at this time.
     I really like that because Abinadi knew that he had a message to deliver and he wasn't gonna be done sharing until it was over. With missionary work I've been trying to apply that. When people say they're "all set", I always try to share the Gospel in some way because we all need it

Don't forget to read the Book of Mormon and pray everyday! I say it every week because it's so important! Have fun and dont forget to watch out for the fires

-Elder Bollar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings