Week # 10. Portuguese Missionaries



                                                                   Where we go on walks everyday


Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing fine and dandy

First off I'd like to start with a story. So me and Elder Smoot were walking down the side walk and this guy comes up to us and goes "Are you the new strange people?" In a kind and loving and laughing way I said "we probably are" and he goes "Well I'm known as cocaine James" and just starts laughing so hard and walks away. These people are something else haha

There's only one companionship in my district that doesn't have any leadership so since Elder Smoot is the district leader I got to go to the meeting an hour away. When we got there I got to talk to the 5 other brand new missionaries and it's so relaxing to be able to talk to missionaries that are all reassigned and going through the same thing. Me and Elder Taylor (kid from salem) are getting along very well now, with minimal roasting

Another story, with Smoot being the district leader when he joins his zone meetings I get to hear all the info of the district and it was President Becks turn to talk and he said "Remember when you guys would go out with the boys on Saturday nights?" He is literally my favorite, he's so cool haha

Talking to members out here is kinda rough. They'll talk to us on the phone and have a small, small conversation then we ask them if we can have a lesson with them and they either say no or just hang up. We're trying to figure out a way to make them want to talk with us haha

We had exchanges this week again and I got to go with Elder Fyke! He was originally in Brazil and was reassigned here so we had like language study for like an hour and it was so so nice to be able to talk to someone in Portuguese. We read the book of Mormon and I asked him to correct me on every word I said wrong. I loved having someone next to me who knows it all and I could look to. Truly one of the biggest blessings while being out here

In my BOM reading this week I came to 3 Nephi 19 verses 16 and 19
     16 And it came to pass that he spake unto the multitude, and commanded them that they should kneel down again upon the earth, and also that his disciples should kneel down upon the earth.
19 And it came to pass that Jesus departed out of the midst of them, and went a little way off from them and bowed himself to the earth, and he said:
I think it's way cool that Prayer means so much. Jesus commanded them to start praying and then he went off and prayed by himself. He had just been with Heavenly Father right before he went to the Nephites but that's just how much prayer means. I've been trying to follow Christs example and make my prayers very meaningful and really just talk to Heavenly Father. I challenge you all to do so as well (you got this)

I hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to read the Book of Mormon and pray everyday! Literally would not want to live without those blessings!

-Elder Bollar



                                                                My 2nd favorite picture of Jesus Christ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings