Week # 8. 2nd Week Out In the Field!




Olá everyone!! How have you all been?? I hope you're doing good because life's just too grand to be having a bad time

A little about where I'm at, I'm in Damariscotta, Maine. It's a lil town and there's a nice river that runs right through it that me and my companion always stop and sit by. The area I'm in is a branch and that was a magnificent shock to me because I've never been to a place without a ward. The church is so tiny. Chapel, offices, Primary, Sunday School, Relief Soceity and bathrooms are the only things in it. Super weird. 

Me and my companion were both shotguned into this area (so were both new here). Weve really just been trying to get to know the members really well and know the area. One time we were calling and an older lady in our branch answered the phone. She said she couldn't hear me so I had to physically yell. Then she said that she couldn't understand me so I had to talk slow. Then she said "yeah I can't so this". And hung up on me. My first member call just might be my last haha

All the elders and sisters in my district are way cool. In my district we have the Zone leaders and the sister trainer leaders so we're never short on leadership. Today we are actually gonna have a district p-day! I'm very excited because we don't have to wear masks and I'll actually be able to see what they look like.

Me and my companion have been teaching so many lessons it's hard to even have a chance to think about home but I miss you all so so much! And being honest I really miss speaking Portuguese and learning everything in the MTC. I hope that the church decides to send us down there and just hope we don't get Corona haha

This week I was reading in the New Testament (Probably my favorite scriptures) But it was after jesus had been resurrected and peter and the rest of the disciples went back to fishing. (This all takes place in John 21) Jesus comes up to them while fishing and peter realizes it's jesus and he jumps out of the boat to go see him. When Peter gets to him, jesus asks him "lovest thou me more than these?" And Peter says "Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee" Jesus asks him again and Peter says the same thing. Then jesus asks a third time and I'm sure Peter was thinking "Dang I thought we were supposed to have perfect bodies when we are resurrected, but this man is deaf" Peter answered the last time "Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee" I'm sure Jesus, in a more present tense kind of way, was thinking; "Well why in the world are you fishing??"    I think sometimes we as members go through amazing experiences were we are so close to the savior but at the same time when those are over we fall back into our old patterns. I think it's very important that when we are changed in any way, that we always remember 1. What the lord did for us 2. How we can always stay in a better state because of what we went through. I know that if we remember those things we will be blessed in a more perfect and meaningful way

Sorry that story got a little long, but I hope you all have a fantastic week! And that everyone remembers to say their prayers and read their scriptures because when those two are put together mighty miracles come forth! 

Love you all!! -Elder Bollar






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week # 84. Other cities & conference!

Week # 90. Weddings & New Friends!

Week # 88. Three Separate Beings