Moving MTC
So much stuff has happened in the past two weeks and I can't believe I'm already on the last week of my MTC! Our family got all moved down to Ephriam, during the moving experience I've been passed around from my house to my sisters house and sometimes all the way down in Ephraim! But I know that the power of the spirit works anywhere we are ready to receive it because there hasn't been a day where it hasn't been with me!
For our TRC's my goal was always to try and not have anything written down in portuguese while I'm teaching, which was a big goal because my Portuguse vocab is not very vast.(Yet) But in the most recent lesson that we had with Misieal, I only had 4 words written down in english to keep me on the path of the lesson and everything went smooth! I know the holy ghost was helping me because it should not have gone as well as it did without any of my notes in portuguese. So from that I learned that whenever you know you will be in need of the spirit to pray to have him there and he will be!
For one district meeting we had a testimony meeting and It was so powerful! The spirit was so strong even through zoom with everyone's testimonies! While I was sharing I realized how thankful I was for the online MTC. It has been a big blessing to be able to learn how to be a missionary and learn a whole new language with having my family right outside my door!
In a devotional by Elder Holland he talks about Liberty jail and everything that happened there. One of the most interesting things he talked about was how that place could be compared to a temple. Which is so weird because they were treated so horribly! But when I thought about it, I realized that revelation was given to Joseph Smith while he was there and that's how we have section 121, 122, and 123 of the Doctrine and Covenants and how the prophets now receive revelation in the temple. So i think it's important for us to always be willing to receive because any situation we are in could be turned into a temple!
Hope you all have a great week!
P.S. I got my reassignment to Manchester, New Hampshire! I will depart from Utah on the 12th!
Comments
Post a Comment